Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Book Review: Seeds of Turmoil

Seeds of Turmoil by Bryan Wright

Seeds of Turmoil is a Biblical reference and discovery for today’s issues in the Middle East. Many people fight for peace in the Middle East and wonder why there always seems to be conflict and hatred coming out of that part of the world. This book takes you back to the very beginning, the book of Genesis, and traces the issues and lineage of the conflict through time.

I was excited to read this book because I wanted to finally understand, from a true Biblical perspective, the reasons for the ever-present conflict in the Middle East. After all, my husband has served in two wars in the Iraq region and is getting ready to serve in Afghanistan, so I had a good reason to want to learn. I was initially disappointed in the book, as the first few chapters kept repeating the same thing over and over again….yes, Abraham and Sarah made a mistake…got it. I am glad I kept reading though because it did teach me a lot and finally moved on from the Abraham/Sarah issue. However, the book ABRUPTLY ended in my opinion. I was left flipping through the Glossary, thinking there had to be more….it has to wrap up somewhere. Nope, it just drops you off without warning. I assume the author covered everything that needed to be covered, but there was no clear ending…no wrap up or conclusion. Well, even with those faults, it’s a good book to read and provides lots of Scriptural proof to back up the conflict in the Middle East.

No comments: