Friday, November 2, 2012

Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia Review




 
Fixing Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia for dinner is a quick and easy way to get a wholesome and quality meal on the table in under 30 minutes.  Fish is one of those things that we all need more of, but so many people just don't know how to cook it right.  Fish can go from under cooked to over cooked in just a matter of a minutes.  If you're looking for a quick way to get a tasty meal on the table, you'll want to check this out.


Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia comes in two tasty varieties, Classic and Garlic Herb.  I tried out the Garlic Herb with the family today.  What I noticed first when I opened the package was how large the filets are and how many there were in the box.  For a retail price of $6.99, you get 5 decent size filets that don't shrink up substantially when you cook them.  You can't get four pieces of grocery store frozen fish for less than that.



The fish cooked up easily and was gently seasoned.  For me it could have had a little more seasoning, but I know that some people don't like a lot of season on their fish.  I cooked my regular garlic and herb tilapia as well as Gortons' version so we could do a side by side comparison of the two dishes.  Hubby didn't care for the smell of the breading on Gorton's fish, but he thought that the fish inside was good.  My teenage son liked Gorton's okay and went back for seconds, although he didn't prefer the fish with the breading.  I thought the fish was light and pleasant tasting and the filets were very plump and juicy.

Although it wasn't an overall smash for the whole family, I would definitely eat it again if I was in a pinch for dinner.  Gorton's Skillet Crisp isn't available at all grocery stores yet, but you can check their website for a list of stores in your area that carry them.


    


16 comments:

Shauna said...

oooh, I am always so afraid to cook seafood at home... thank you

Beth said...

I love Gorton's!

Pam said...

This definitely looks simple. I am always looking for simple. Thank you!

Kristen@CountryFitFamily said...

I love meals that are quick and easy. Seasoned fish is so good.

Carries Rambles said...

I wish I wasn't allergic to seafood.

Mrs. Stephens said...

That looks really good for a frozen entree. I will have to give it a try.

LaVonne said...

This looks good. And easy. I'd like to put this in a fish taco. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Jenny K said...

I love fish! But I believe these have dairy in the breading so I can't have them. :(

Gena @ Life With Captain Fussybuckets said...

This sounds yummy...and healthy!

Gena

Emily Stephens said...

This looks quick and easy. It's so important to include seafood in your diet, this seems like a nice way to do so if fresh isn't available in your area.

Unknown said...

I love Gortons! Great post and I love how simple it looks!

Unknown said...

We LOVE Tilapia! That looks delicious!!! :)

Unknown said...

It looks yummy and easy....the two most important things I look for in making dinner!

Unknown said...

Gordons is one of my favorite fish products!

Sofia said...

I've tried their fish and it is pretty good!

Soifa
From PDX with Love

Sofia said...

I've tried their fish and it is pretty good!

Soifa
From PDX with Love