Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Afrin 12-hour Nasal Decongestant Review

With the weather in crazy mode here in Virginia the past few months, I have been suffering from sinus congestion and pressure.  I'm not a sickly person who gets a cold often, but when the weather moves from 70 to 20 in a matter of days, I get sinus congestion every time.  I also have a wood stove at home as the main source of heat for my house, so the air can get pretty dry, which doesn't help keep the sinuses in order.

I was give the chance to try out Afrin's Original 12-hour nasal decongestant spray and have to say I'm very pleased with the product.  I've tried several nasal sprays before...from the ones that are just simple saline to the prescription Flonase.  I've never found one that doesn't have some issue....whether not working at all or dripping a bad taste down the back of my throat.  I like that Afrin comes with a full line of NoDrip products to help with your sinus issues.  They have Original, Severe Congestion, Extra Moisturizing, and Sinus sprays available, all in NoDrip formulas.

When I tried the Original NoDrip Afrin, I was pleased that the product stood by it's word that it wouldn't drip back out of my nose and didn't drip down the back of my throat upon application.  However, I did get a little drippage down my throat after about 10 minutes of application but it wasn't a lot and didn't create an offensive taste in my mouth.  I have had moderate sinus congestion for the last several days and was breathing a lot better within a minute of using 2 sprays per nostril.  This spray works fast!  Within 10 minutes my sinuses were completely clear of any congestion and I was clear all day long at work.

Check out their "Stick Up for Yourself" campaign on their website to see some "Words of Wisdom" and a pretty funny video. 



13 comments:

Kelly R. said...

Thanks for the review, I have been having a lot of congestion lately and I will have to try this.

JustADealJess said...

Tis the season..We have all been needing to stock up on something like this! Thanks for the review. May give this brand a try.

Sofia said...

I hate the drippage part of nasal decongestants, so gross!! This is a deal breaker for me. It is good to know Afrin doesn't drip!

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

It seems like everyone I know right now could use this...

Alisha K said...

Thank you for sharing. I have never used this before but just might have to. My husband is extremely congested and has been for the past several days.

Mrs. Stephens said...

I love Afrin, its my brand of choice. I only stopped using it when I found something cheaper with a coupon, and thats the bargin hunter in me but I always have some Afrin on hand

Jaime Nicole said...

I have terrible congestion but I just can't work up to spraying something in my nose!

Literary Winner said...

Thanks for the review! Just a heads-up on this: my MIL became literally addicted to this stuff. If you can, cut it with saline. It should still work but you won't have the same rebound effect that the full-strength will give you.

Erin S said...

My husband loves Afrin. We use it in our home.

Elizabeth said...

Never used this but I like that it lasts so long!

SOS Mom said...

I usually never use such products... just because I am too stubborn and wait it out! lol but I know my bf uses nasal spray and loves it... I will suggest this one next time he needs it!

Julia said...

I've never used a nasal spray, but I should probably give it a try. Thanks for sharing your review.

annies home said...

thanks for sharing this review it is a product I was wanting to know more information about