Monday, November 19, 2012

Camera Comparison- Results!

Do you remember when I posted about my search for a good family and food/product blogging camera?  Well, here are the comparison photos that I took with my old camera and my new one....both on auto mode.

Kodak EasyShare camera

Canon PowerShot SX260

Canon PowerShot SX260 in color filter mode- love it!
At first glance, the first two photos may not look all that different, but if you look at specifics, you can see the major differences between the two.  The Canon has a real life feel and truly represents the actual colors instead of making them kind of fake and washed out or clumpy.  Look at the dark spots in the red apple on the right....the Kodak makes it all one blotchy dark spot while the Canon gave a true representation of the color differences.  The flash on the Canon also works so much better.....can you see that the flash washed out the colors in the first picture and also created a reflection in the red apple?  The difference in clarity of the images is amazing when you have the photos at a large size.

There are so many features in the Canon that I just love....one of which is in this third photo where you can choose what colors to let through the filter.  There are so many other features that I just haven't been able to really test, but I think the Canon is a clear winner over my old camera.

16 comments:

Mrs. Stephens said...

I'm glad you found a camera that you love. I need one better than the one on my iPhone.

Rebecca said...

thanks for the great review need to check into one of these

Gena @ Life With Captain Fussybuckets said...

I love this! It really is amazing what you get when you use a higher quality camera.

MotherhoodLooms said...

Nothing says awesome like finding a camera that you love. Good for you!

Minding Spot said...

Wow what a difference a camera makes - I'm looking into buying a new digital camera. I'll have to remember this one!

Sofia said...

What a difference!! I love the photograph taken with your new Canon!! Even though I have a few cameras, I really want to get a point and shooter, and this one looks great!

Sofia
From PDX with Love

Irish Italian Blessings said...

Oh wow I can totally see a difference!! Finding a camera you love is the best feeling!

Young At Heart Mommy said...

I have been DYING to get a new camera since I started blogging! I love Canon cameras. I have one right now but am considering replacing it with a newer model. They take the best quality photos.

GG said...

That camera's filter mode is amazing - I can definitely see the clarity in the pictures.

Christy Maurer said...

wow that is an awesome feature! Looks like a great camera :)

Literary Winner said...

I can definitely tell the difference - the second picture just generally looks nicer.

Krystle said...

The Cannon powershot looks so much better! I would love to buy one!

Unknown said...

Canon is one of the best camera brands in my opinion.

Spots8105 said...

Wow, the difference in clarity is amazing, with the new camera producing a much better quality picture. I have always thought that a Canon camera was a much better camera. Your pictures only acknowledged my train of thought. Thanks for the review.

Carries Rambles said...

Wow! What a huge difference!

Rachel @ The Philosophers Wife said...

Wow, you really can tell the difference! The color filter mode is pretty cool too...