Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tasty Thursday 9/13/12


I'd like to start a new feature on my blog, called Tasty Thursday, to share great recipes I've found this week.  I would love it if you'd share some of your faves as well!  You can put a link to the recipe or to your Pinterest pin, or just lay out the full recipe for us in the comments field!  I hope everyone loves this feature and look forward to hearing your comments on it.

I've been trying to shed a few pounds recently and have found that it's pretty hard at my age to drop even 3 or 4 pounds without making major changes.  Since I don't really have the motivation to make any life altering changes, and have under 10 pounds to lose, I thought I'd look at how I can make small daily changes that will make an impact over time.  My biggest problem is snacking and dessert (shocker, right)!

I came upon this awesome recipe yesterday on a blog that uses only 2 ingredients to make delicious muffins or brownies!  Click on the title to go to the original blog post where I found the recipes at.

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins


The Devil Made Me Chew It
Photo credit: HungryGirl.com

Ingredients: 
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
1 can pumpkin, 15 oz

Directions:
Mix well (batter will be thick, don't try and thin it)
Bake at 400 for 20 minutes
Yeild: 12 muffins or 36 mini muffins


2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
 

Photo credit: http://sweet-verbena.blogspot.com

Ingredients: 
1 box yellow cake mix
1 can pumpkin, 15 oz

Directions:
Mix well (batter will be thick, don't try and thin it)
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
Yeild: 12 muffins or 36 mini muffins

I plan on making these pumpkin muffins this weekend using spice cake mix to give it an extra little zing.  These don't use oil, eggs, or sugar.  You just use your basic cake mix and add a can of pumpkin to it.  These are also apparently really good for the Weight Watchers Points Plus program also!
Hungry-Girl.com says: (1 Muffin, or 3 minis - 181 calories, 3.5g fat, 37g carbs, 2g fiber, 2g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*)

Have you ever made these 2 ingredient treats?  Do you have a fave recipe this week to share?

15 comments:

Tom Shewbridge said...

I am not really a lover of pumpkin, but definitely will share this on pinterest for you!

Ashley S said...

Mmmmm love pumpkin muffins!!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I love chocolate muffins! The pumpkin ones I have never tried, but with pumpkin season quickly approaching, I can't wait to give them a try. They do look yummy!

marioswifey said...

yummy i love anything pumpkin

Lauren Ivy Chiong said...

Simple food recipes--great! Thank you for sharing.

Unknown said...

I can tell you this is delicious! I found it on Pinterest and a weight watchers site!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the awesome recipes. I hope you don't mind if I use them with a link to you in my daily Weight Watchers menu.

Unknown said...

Please, use them, link them...anything you wish!

Anonymous said...

mmmm pumpkin muffins - YUMMY!

I Thought I Knew Mama said...

I love pumpkin! So excited that it's the season for pumpkin recipes again.

Margaux said...

Yum! You can always come check out Snacktime Saturday to see what everyone is sharing at the link-party. Lots of delicious, simple, and healthy choices! http://www.youngnesters.net/2012/09/snacktime-saturday-week-2.html

Ashley R said...

MMmmmmmm, pumpkin!! It's SO time for pumpkin and all those fall recipes that go with it. Goodbye summer!

GreenPath Baby said...

These look incredible! I can't wait to try them out!

Unknown said...

I love pumpkin, can't wait to try!

trishden said...

These look incredibly easy to make and they look scrumpcious. Thanks for sharing the recipes.