- 2 2/3 cups uncooked penne pasta (8 oz)
- 2 cups chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso® cannellini beans or other canned white beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup Progresso® Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Heat oven to 375°F.
- In ungreased 11x7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish, place pasta, chicken and beans. In small bowl, mix cooking sauce, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour over top of pasta, chicken and beans.
- Cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Remove foil; top with tomato and bread crumbs. Bake uncovered 5 to 8 minutes or until top just starts to brown and mixture is bubbly.
Here's the final product (yep, a serving is missing out of it because I couldn't stop the kids quick enough before I grabbed the camera).
This was a great dish, but I recommend the following changes:
- This needed a lot of salt....could be because I chose to use beans that weren't canned.
- It didn't have a lot of zing to it, so next time I make it, I'll add some red pepper flakes to the sauce.