Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Skoy Cleaning Cloths Review

I recently had the opportunity to give Paperless Kitchen's Skoy cleaning cloths a try.  These cloths take the place of sponges, paper towels, dish rags, and other one-time or multi-use cleaning cloths.  Skoy's are 100% bio-degradable, which I love, because when they're no longer useable I can just toss them into my compost pile.  Paperless Kitchen's website said one Skoy cloth can hold 15 times their weight in liquid.  Of course, being the curious person I am, I decided to give the Skoy a little test to see just how much one cloth could hold.  I filled a measuring cup up with 1 cup of water and then put a dry Skoy cloth in there.  Once I thought it had soaked up all it could, I held it up and let the overflow drip off of it.  Once all the dripping stopped, I found that the cloth held 1/3 cup of water without dripping.  That's pretty darned amazing considering there's no way on earth a paper towel can hold anywhere near that.

You can toss these babies in the washer and dryer to clean or you can microwave them to kill bacteria.  I put one in the washer and dryer and it came out a lot smaller than it started, but as soon as it got wet again, it went right back to it's normal size.  I've been using them now for several weeks and haven't had any issues at all.  One side has a quilted pattern to it while the other side has a more aggressive ridge pattern.  According to Paperless Kitchen's website, one Skoy cloth can take the place of up to 15 rolls of paper towels....that's a HUGE savings in dollars as well for the trees.



You can check out their Skoy cloths and other great reusable and environment friendly items on their website.  You can also find their products on Amazon and other internet retailers.

Disclosure: I received product for review at no charge.  All opinions are my own and are 100% honest.

9 comments:

MotherhoodLooms said...

Sounds like an awesome product!

Ashley B. said...

I love products like this! Earth friendly, and budget friendly too!

Sofia said...

I've been meaning to give them a try! I've heard so many good things about them.

Happy Gardening, Kim said...

I actually think I won some of these. Like this idea.

Unknown said...

I love my SKOY cloths! They save such many paper towels it is unbelievable! I love how you can throw them either in the washing machine or microwave(while wet) to clean and/or sterilize them, then re-use! They work great!

jenzen69 said...

I am obsessed with paper towels, but I spend so much money on them. I buy the Viva with the perforations, so I can use a smaller slice if possible. I'm not so much hooked on the paper towel itself, but the fast and easy way they clean up. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give them a chance and if I don't get the results, I can go back to my paper towels

Unknown said...

I love these. I wonder if people would appreciate these as Christmas gifts?

Beth said...

Interesting! Thank you for sharing these!

Jenna said...

This sounds like an amazing product!