Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Review: Pattern of Wounds by J. Mark Bertrand

I apologize, I read this book a while back and completely forgot to hit the "post" button when I was done.  This book may have been out for a couple of weeks by now!

Pattern of Wounds by J. Mark Bertrand

If you like a series type of book that can also be read as a stand-alone book, this is a good one.  I didn't realize that there were other books in the Roland March Mystery series until I read some other reviews after reading it.  This is a good fiction book with a spiritual lining.  It takes the typical murder mystery and puts a little background spirituality to it.  I would think that God and Christian values will be more evident in the future books because you can see the main character working through his issues of anger towards God.  I can really relate to the character because I am also in law enforcement and it is very difficult for people in my field to accept and trust God as loving and merciful sometimes.  If you're looking for an interesting murder mystery book without all the language and blood, but with a thread of Christianity woven into it, this would be a good choice.  If you're looking for a obvious Christian fiction book, you may want to head somewhere else.

I did find this book an interesting read and a nice substitution to the typical foul language murder mystery books.

Disclosure: I was provided a copy of this book for review.  All opinions are 100% my own and not influenced in any way by the publisher.

No comments: