Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bartering....what a great idea!

I read this post from a local couponer about her experience with bartering for items she needs. What a fantastic idea to trade items you have a surplus of with someone else who has a surplus of items you may want. Anyone that's local who is interested in doing this, please let me know.

I was beginning to wonder what I was going to do with all of my BBQ sauce and salad dressings!!! Now if I only could find someone who wanted all of these glucometers I have!

As a side note, I had heard that it was always good to donate glucometers to a local shelter, but what I have found is they can't use them because the person would have to pay a lot of money for the test strips, and the people frequenting the shelter don't have that kind of money. So, basically the product and donation is useless to them. Anyone else have ideas???

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Hey J!
I usually take my glucometers to the Free Clinic close to my mother's house, they are happy to receive them. I have also donated a ton of them to nursing homes, our local Doctor's office and Home Health agency's . As long as they are still sealed most places will accept them. Hope this helps ya a little!

Unknown said...

Thanks, I'll check into those places around my area and see if they'll take them. I hate for them to go to waste when I am sure someone could use them.