Tuesday, August 28, 2012
CVS Shopping - Finally a Great Deal
I used to LOVE shopping at CVS where I could get so much for free and even make money "buying" items. It's been pretty slow the past year....they didn't even have their school supplies free after ECB's this year. I guess they were just trying to drum up business with the great deals during the sluggish economy the past few years but now have evened out so the bargains are harder to find.
This week is the first time in more than 6 months I've stepped into a CVS, and here's why:
Deal: Buy $30 in participating P&G products and get a $10 gas card
Items I bought:
(2) - Pantene products
(4) - Tide liquid detergent, 26 loads
(3) - UNREAL candy bars
(1) - Nice 'n Easy non-permanent hair color
TOTAL before coupons = $39.62
Coupons I used:
(1) $3/2 Pantene, 7/29 PG insert
(2) $2/2 Tide, 7/29 PG insert
(1) FREE CVS facebook coupon for UNREAL
(1) Free UNREAL, given to me as a part of a review
(1) B1G1 free UNREAL, given to me as a part of a review
(1) FREE Nice 'n Easy, given to me as a part of a review from VocalPoint
There was also purported to be a $4 CVS coupon printing at their machine, but I didn't get it.
There was also purported to be a $2 CVS Beauty Club member coupon via email, but I didn't get that either.
Rebate I submitted:
Buy $25 in P&G products, get $5 back
Spent $25 after coupons
- $10 gas card
- $5 rebate
Total for all = $10 for 10 items....that's just $1/ea.
If you take out the coupons I got for a review, it'd be $10 spent on 6 items (Pantene and Tide) = $1.66/ea ----still a SMOKING deal for what I got.
If I'd have found the two CVS coupons, I'd have gotten everything for just $4! As it was, I was more than happy with everything I got for just $10.