I try and stay away from frozen meals because most of them are filled with horrible preservatives, taste terrible, and don't offer me any way to add just the right amount of sauce for my taste. When I found Lean Cuisine's new line of frozen meals, Honestly Good, I was intrigued and decided to give it a whirl. They're made with 100% all natural ingredients; when I checked the list on the back of the package, there was NOTHING I didn't understand or that sounded scientific. There's also something on the package that said all the vegetables were grown in the US and they give back a portion of the vegetables grown for Honestly Good to local communities. I like a company with ethics and morals and willing to buy food locally for their products.
I opted for the Lemongrass Salmon, but was a little leery about a frozen meal being able to pull off salmon. Oh, what a treat it was!!! The salmon, while obviously not restaurant quality, tasted good and didn't smell overly fishy after being cooked. The vegetables were tender and the rice was awesome. The best part though, was the lemongrass sauce that came in a packet inside the meal. I was able to put as much or as little sauce as I desired and the taste was fantastic. For the first time in a long time, I think I am going to purchase the other varieties of the Honestly Good line and try them at work for my meal. These meals are on the pricey side, selling for around $4.50 at my local grocery store. However, they are delicious, made with all natural ingredients, and contain enough in each serving to fill me up. This particular selection had 5g of fiber, 18g of protein, and 80% of my daily value of Vitamin A.
Here's a little bit about the varieties they offer. I think I am going for the Pomegranate Chicken next.
- Pomegranate Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain pilaf with currants, green beans, wax beans, ribbon cut carrots, served with a pomegranate glaze
- Lemongrass Salmon with coconut-crusted salmon filet, brown rice with wheatberries and slivered almonds, snap peas, orange & yellow carrots, edamame, served with ginger lemongrass sauce
- Roasted Red Pepper Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain cavatappi pasta, sea salt & lemon-seasoned broccoli florets, served with roasted red pepper sauce
- Plum-Ginger Grain-Crusted Fish with grain-crusted wild caught whole fish filet, brown rice with edamame, snap peas, wax beans, carrots, served with plum ginger sauce
- Pineapple Black Pepper Beef with whole tender beef cuts, brown & wild rice with pineapple & silvered almonds, green & wax beans, orange & yellow carrots, served with pineapple black pepper sauce
- Honey Citrus Chicken with whole grilled chicken breast filet, whole grain radiator pasta mixed with spinach, slivered almonds and sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli florets, yellow zucchini, served with a honey citrus sauce