Friday, July 24, 2009

Apologies

For those of you that I have promoted the magazine All You! to as a great magazine for real life women with real life solutions, I apologize. I was shocked and horrified to read a two-page spread in August's issue about topics I would be mortified if my daughter read. Not even in some of the more main-stream magazines have I read such disgusting questions and answers.

I will not repeat what was said in the magazine because in my opinion I would be just as wrong in repeating it as they were in printing it. Sufficed to say, I was mortified when I read it and immediately tore the pages out of my magazine because I knew I always let my daughter read this magazine.

I have already written to the editor expressing my displeasure and asked if this was a normal part of their writings. If so, I plan to cancel my membership, even if they do have some good coupons in there. You may think I am over-reacting or you may even disagree with me, but as a Christian woman there are some things I cannot condone or promote.

I just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you get this magazine too and let your kids or other family/friends read it.

1 comment:

amy jeffreys said...

I too saw the disgusting article written in the magazine!